Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

Battery was weak crossed jumper cables 5 seconds! replaced

Customer Question
battery was weak crossed jumper...
battery was weak crossed jumper cables for about 5 seconds! replaced battery and light still on so I replaced the alternator with a remanufactured on, light still comes on after running for about a minute and stays on! Had alternator checked and was told the regulator was bad! Thought I had gotten a bad alternator so I returned it and had it bench tested, tested fine! Have cleaned all ground cables to include putting on a new main ground! Still the light comes on in about a minute after starting the engine and stays on!
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: battery less than 2 weeks old, no gauge just light
JA: What is the model/year of your Oldsmobile?
Customer: 2001 Alero with 3.4 v6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes! new ground cable, cleaned other grounds,checked connecting wires for damage, checked fuses everything seems to be ok! can take hot cable loose when running and engine dies!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: are u still there?
JA: No. I'm the Oldsmobile Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: not that I can think of!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oldsmobile
6/28/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Tims Auto Repair, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Auto Mechanic

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what is the year make and model?

are you still using the same reman alternator?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no! I returned that one and tried another one, still the battery light comes on! Had O'Reilly bench test the first alternator and they said it tested fine!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am working on a 2001 Olds Alero with a v6 3.4 engine

ok,,you need to check the fuse link located on the front of the engine

also,check the 10amp bat/chg fuse in the underhood fuse block

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3ph5r6yq3fnflo/0630-olds-Locations%20View.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/d3ph5r6yq3fnflo/0630-olds-Locations%20View.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Auto Mechanic