Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My Bravada has had ongoing electrical issues . Lights

Customer Question

my Bravada has had ongoing electrical issues for years. Lights on the dash come on and go off unrelated to any actual problems. Starting is a problem and sometimes it won't take a charge until it does. There is a buzzing noise in the fuse box under the hood when trying to charge it. I've been told that the door locks drain it, but it is rarely locked and that is not consistent with the problem. One summer, it wouldn't start if I had my foot on the gas, but would start no problem if I left my foot off the gas. Is there a bulletin on this. It seems to be a common problem in Bravadas.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. I want to be able to tell my mechanic what to do as this problem has stumped many
JA: OK! The will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. I can help you talk to the mechanic. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: What?
JA: OK. The mechanic will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It's in the previous message
JA: Is there anything else the mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No - please ask questions if more information is needed. It's pewter in color...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am going to look up any bulletins available for your car