Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

Oldsmobile Intrigue: ! I am a 2000 Olds Intrigue. I have

Customer Question

Hello! I am a 2000 Olds Intrigue. I have an awesome 3.5 ltr twin cam heart but, recently my water pump went to shit 😥. My owner fixed me at first with a remanufactured wyater pump then 3 days later, a BRAND NEW water pump but, I still run hot on him. He doesnt overheat me and he lets me cool down but, i cant help but still run hot under normal driving. However, when im jacked to between 1800 and 2700 rpms, I cool down. Higher rpms = faster cool down time. Why am I sick? How does my owner fix me? He loves me and I love him! How can I be an easy fix for him? What can he do???
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure thr cooling system is full and bleed of all air? Also your radiator cap do you have a way to test it and see if it holds thr required 16psi. If not get a new one. You say that it will cool down at 18 to 2700 do you mean that it will operate at thr correct temp or just cooler?
Usually a condition such as that is an indication of either being low on coolant, a problem with thr pump, or air in the system.
What shape was the coolant in your car? GM vehicles in that year range are notorious for whst is referred to as "dex mud" it's a sludge build up that looks like red mud. If your car has it, therr is your problem