Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

The back spark plugs on a 99 Olds however do you replace

Customer Question
them JA: Thanks. Can you give...
The back spark plugs on a 99 Olds however do you replace them
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine light blinks when in idle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Oldsmobile Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oldsmobile
3/26/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Pete, Oldsmobile Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Oldsmobile Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year and model of this olds as well as engine liter size?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Olds cutlass 99 3.1

O.k.,if you look at the top front of the motor you will see one to two motor braces that attach to the front of the engine and run to the upper radiator support.Remove these braces then use a tie down strap connected to the front upper radiator support or another support to ratchet the engine forward some.The engine will ratchet forward and lock in place with a ratchet tie down strap.Once this is done this gives you extra room at the back of the engine to replace the spark plugs.The video below posted shows how this is done on a different model but the same concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HshXqwuarUw

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Oldsmobile Technician