Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How can I unlock my radio, What, They had to put speed gage…

Customer Question
How can I unlock...

How can I unlock my radio

Mechanic's Assistant: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.

What

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

They had to put speed gage in and know my radio want come on it says locked

Mechanic's Assistant: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.

Can you help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

We undone battery cable didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Oldsmobile Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Oldsmobile Mechanic should be aware of about your Oldsmobile?

No just radio

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
3/5/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

can you tell me what year this is ?

model ?

still the stock radio ?

It's 2003 Oldsmobile silhouette it's the radio that come in van
Hello

can you do this and give me the 6 digit number code ?

1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)

2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.

4. Press the AM/FM button

5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

It's not doing nothing

if you disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 1 minute then reconnect bith to the battery will it unlock or at least give you the 6 numbers ?

When I get numbers what do I do

tell me them OR follow this with the numbers to get the code to unlock as seen below

IF it still strays locked then one of 2 things is happening the speed gauge is wired in wrong or is tapped into the radio wires and locking it or too many unlock attempts have been made which you need to leave the key on for ! hour then try to get the 6 digits to gt the unlock code

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

4. Press the AM/FM button

7. Call 1-***-***-****

8. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to “SEC”. Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable.

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician