Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My '93 starts right up and runs good or til warmed up, then…

Customer Question
My '93 starts right up...
My '93 starts right up and runs good for 10min or til warmed up, then will sputter and die. I try to restart it and can't even get the engine to crank over, its like ive got no starter at all. If I wait a half hour or til it's cold it'll restart again. Not sure what's going on??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
3/2/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the engine will not crank can you take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and at the starter with a helper holding the key in the crank position see if you are getting battery voltage at the starter on both posts? Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.