Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

Looking to remove the instrument panel in my 01' olds

Customer Question
aurora JA: Sometimes things that you...
Looking to remove the instrument panel in my 01' olds aurora
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: GM Olds
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Need to replace the instrument cluster
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Need help with the proper removal of the dash componemts
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oldsmobile
3/1/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician
  • Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) - Trim Plate Bezel Replacement

Instrument Panel Cluster Trim Plate Bezel Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Lower the tilt steering column to the lowest position.

1. Pry out the ignition cylinder bezel (1).
  2. Remove the left I/P outer trim cover. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Trim Cover Replacement
  3. Remove the I/P center trim plate. Refer to Instrument Panel Center Trim Panel Replacement
  4. Remove the driver side knee bolster. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement
  5. Remove the right I/P accessory trim plate. Refer to Instrument Panel Accessory Trim Plate Replacement - Right Side

1. Remove the push pin fasteners that retain the top trim cover to the I/P cluster.
  2. Remove the left I/P air deflector. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Air Outlet Deflector Replacement - Left Side in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.

1. Remove the fasteners that retain the trim plate to the I/P cluster.
  2. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
  3. Remove the I/P cluster trim plate from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

1. Position the I/P cluster trim plate to the vehicle.
  2. Connect the electrical connectors.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

1. Install the fasteners that retain the trim plate to the I/P cluster.

Tighten the fasteners to 2 Nm (18 lb in).

1. Install the top I/P cluster trim cover and the push pin fasteners.
  2. Install the left I/P air outlet vent. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Air Outlet Deflector Replacement - Left Side in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
  3. Install the right I/P accessory trim plate. Refer to Instrument Panel Accessory Trim Plate Replacement - Right Side
  4. Install the driver side knee bolster. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement
  5. Install the I/P center trim plate. Refer to Instrument Panel Center Trim Panel Replacement
  6. Install the left I/P outer trim cover. Refer to Instrument Panel Outer Trim Cover Replacement

1. Install the ignition cylinder bezel (1).
e90e6a29-a67b-4717-8606-...gife90e6a2...giffed9bd60-d781-4a3c-91a9-...giffed9bd6...giff44a0370-83e6-47dc-82c6-...giff44a037...gifa1bd5c17-dea7-4c9e-a15d-...gifa1bd5c1...gifa609726d-7e6b-44b0-8657-...gifa609726...gifb5f8c514-d375-45a2-8856-...gifb5f8c51...gifebe8be28-f6fd-4d69-8322-...gifebe8be2...gif
xsvectOR
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician