Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car shut off while driving now want turnover it clicks like…

Customer Question
Car shut off while driving...
Car shut off while driving now want turnover it clicks like starter but didn't think car could shut off cause that plus ele trical lights dash gages now all go crazy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
2/27/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Pete, Oldsmobile Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Oldsmobile Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like either the battery has failed/weak needing replaced,the battery cables are all loose or corroded at the battery or to where the cables run and connect to or the alternator itself has failed to provide a charge.This fault here will occur if any of these have failed or acted up here.You can have a local parts store test the battery and alternator at no cost to you and you can check for any loose or corroded battery cables.You can try a jump start or re charge the battery to see if you can get it started to make it to a parts store for testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete