Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I reset my anti-theft on 2001 oldsmobile
, it…

Customer Question
How do I reset...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

it won't start and says security in dash

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
1/30/2016
Oldsmobile Mechanic: GM Tech Cam, Oldsmobile Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
GM Tech Cam
GM Tech Cam, Oldsmobile Certified Technician

Hi there. I am Cam.

What model of olds please?

intrigue
I need to no or my money back

I am looking now. When you had not replied straight away, I went swimming with my family.

Turn the key on and attempt to start the car, It may crank, it may start and stall or it may do nothing at all, this is fine, still cycle the key to start then release the key back to run.
Wait 10 minutes with the key in run. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" or "Security" or have a picture of a car with a lock during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again and release the key back to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again and release the key to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.

During this process, turn the fans off, radio off and cycle the headlights off so the battery will not go dead. If needed, use a battery charger.