sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I HAVE A 66 OLDS DYNAMIC 88 CONVERTIBLE TRYING TO SEE WHAT

Customer Question

HELLO, I HAVE A 66 OLDS DYNAMIC 88 CONVERTIBLE TRYING TO SEE WHAT YEAR OF THE ENGINE IS THESE ARE THE NUMBERS I RETRIEVE OFF THE EGINE 4A, CFO, 664, 717, 278, 208,(###) ###-####OR(###) ###-####COULDNT TELL THE FIRST # ***** THE SEVEN DIGIT # *****
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The actual casting number is ***** long number on the front of the block in front of the intake, above the timing cover, to the (vehicle) left of the oil fill. I believe the number you saw was actually 394417, the extra 3 on the end would indicate it's a small block engine. This casting number is ***** 330 cu in engine produced in 1966 or 1967.