Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Seat belt light on dash comes on and then all of the lights

Customer Question

Seat belt light on dash comes on and then all of the lights on dash start flashing and dinging. Unknown driver comes up and then clears off and the odometer reading comes back. Does this continually when I am driving. Had it to the garage and they cleaned a few wires and said it should be good. NOT!
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

When this occurs is the engine effected?

When it occurs do the gauges mess up?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't seem to effect the engine. Starts no problem, but continually dings and all warnings on dash go off at different times and then sometimes altogether. Seat belt warning comes on when diving even when seat belts are on. Unknown driver registers and then upcomes Driver 1 up where the odometer reading is and then clears and goes blank and then the odometer reading registers.

When this occurs do the lights and readouts look to be the same like when you start the engine?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lights on dash light up like usually when I start my truck and then they all start going haywire and dinging. Seat belt light keeps coming on when seat belts are on ABS, question mark and I think its the all wheel drive light keeps going off all while my odometer reads unknown driver then driver 1 and then back to the odometer reading.

So far the symptoms are pointing to the instrument cluster to blame. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool so we can check for codes in all modules?