Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

On a 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada how do you disconnect the

Customer Question
On a 1999 Oldsmobile...
On a 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada how do you disconnect the security system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
12/2/2015
Oldsmobile Mechanic: GM Tech Cam, Oldsmobile Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
GM Tech Cam
GM Tech Cam, Oldsmobile Certified Technician

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name?

WE can remove or bypass the ignition sensor which is the most common issue here. To do that, get a 2.2K ohm resistor, 1/4 watt and do the following. Remove the steering column trim.Find the 3 small wires. Cut the yellow wire. Splice one end of your new resistor to the body side of the cut, splice the other to the black wire. Then do this relearn.

Turn the key on and attempt to start the car, It may crank, it may start and stall or it may do nothing at all, this is fine, still cycle the key to start then release the key back to run.
Wait 10 minutes with the key in run. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" or "Security" or have a picture of a car with a lock during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again and release the key back to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again and release the key to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.

During this process, turn the fans off, radio off and cycle the headlights off so the battery will not go dead. If needed, use a battery charger.

After I get the resister and try this I will get back to you.

Sounds good. Please bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it so we can continue the discussion. This is done by pressing (CTRL D on PC and CMD D on Mac). You can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you rate the site and I will reply.

I told you that I will try your solution as soon as the resister is delivered and they have already charged me. Bad start.
Bad start.
Bob

Bob, I am a third party contractor to Just Answer, I have NO control over payments or anything. I see the forum page we are on now and respond to you. For that part of it you need to contact Just Answer directly.

GM Tech Cam
GM Tech Cam