Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

HAVE 97 BRAVAD HAS FUEL PRESSURE AND FIRE WILL RUN IF U

Customer Question

HAVE 97 BRAVAD HAS FUEL PRESSURE AND FIRE WILL RUN IF U SPRAY CARB CLEANER I THINK IT IS THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

it will only run as your spraying fuel into the engine ?

what is the fuel pressure reading key ON engine OFF and does it hold for a few seconds or drop to 0 within a second or too ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have a pressurer guage but it started just fine last night when i put fuel in it and cycled the fuel pulled upper intake and there was fuel in center unit but nut in the lines i think by looking at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

so it will start and keep running after you add a shot of fuel ? until you shut it off and let a sit a little while the same thing ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

did you end up finding the problem of fuel pressure being the issue ?