AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

The power antenae on my 1993 olds delta 88 royale is not

Customer Question

The power antenae on my 1993 olds delta 88 royale is not retracting all the way, perhaps because someone went through a car wash without making sure the antenae went all the down after the radio was turned off - the antenae is now bent and extrudes one foot up. The new car battery is being completely drained, and I suspect that a shut-off switch in the power motor unit is not being engaged, thus causing the circuit to stay connected and bleeding the battery. What should I do. Thanks. Bruce
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Your thinking that the antenna is constantly trying to lower, killing your battery, correct? Did the battery start draining immediately following the antenna getting bent?