Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

96 Ciera drl not as was. Light switch has to be turned on

Customer Question
and off for lights. Left...
96 Ciera drl not as was. Light switch has to be turned on and off for lights. Left front marker two pin connectors shorted. Left front turn steady glow with lights on but blinks with lights off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
9/8/2015
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain what kind of issue you are having, are you saying you have a DRL problem or are you have a feedback issue with the turn signals?

I have one problem only with several symptoms. 1. Daytime running light audible alarms sounds when ignition turns off. I used to be able to keep lights on all of the time with no alarm. 2. Left front marker light will not illuminate. Bulb is good and pins in socket shorted with light switch on and off. Left blinker steady flow with light switch on but fine with switch off.

I would start first with trying to determine why the DRL is not working . See the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DRL%20sept%208.pdf

I CANNOT REACH THE SITE I GET ERROR 404 AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE THE INFORMATION THAT I PAID FOR.

I have resent the link and be sure to download and print it out as it does time out after 7 days. You are not charged anything nor am I piad unless you rate the service.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DLR%20sept%2012.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Thanks for your answer however last week you recommended starting with the drl and the instructions were different though I did not get a chance to run voltage checks I am at work now and will be checking vehicle after 4:00 today. Should I follow current link or do you have additional checks on drl module and circuit?

I would start with the current steps I sent you and post back if need be.

There is no pink wire at headlight assembly. Black and LT GRN/ Black and Tan

See the wiring diagram in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DRL%20wiring%20Sept%2013.pdf

After grounding pink wire at gauges 10 amp fuse. Both hi/low beam lights come on with light switch on. I have already replaced the light assembly push switch. I cannot find a 15 pin connector under battery. Left marker socket has 12 volts on light blue wire and on tan wire with lights on. I cut light blue wire and attached socket side to positive battery. Marker light lit. Light blue wire and tan shorted near fire wall or at turn switch. Without your assistance, my next act is testing and replacing the turn signal switch. Can you assist please?

Where are you needing help?

Same initial problem. I need help finding corroded connector that you mention to verify problem is at connection. Can the turn signal switch be shorted?

The connector should be where the steps I sent you say it is. Unfortunately if you are having problems with finding the problem I would suggest you get some professional hand on help before you replace any parts to be sure you replace the right parts. I am limited to what I can do from here since I am not there to do the testing.

I am not satisfied with the assistance received The ain't no 15 PIN CONNECTOR under battery. I am a tech and qualified to locate a connector with proper directions. I contacted you so I would not have to take my car to shop. If you cannot help them please refer someone else or grant my $30 refund please?

I will reliast the question for you in hopes someone else can get you happy. If someone can help you they will respond. Please do not post back to me as it locks the question and other can not respond. Best to you.

On Sept. 21 you supposedly re listed my repair request. Today is Oct 4 and no one picked up my request for help. Please refund all my money. This way simply a waste of time and none of your advice was of any help to me. One month later and I still have the same issue. I will not RATE the technician. An EXPERT would have solved my problem. I replaced the high beam light switch and the turn signal/ hazard switch beneath the turn wheel. REFUND ME PLEASE? Best to you.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician