Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 1999 oldsmobile intrigue and am noticing some metal

Customer Question

i have a 1999 oldsmobile intrigue and am noticing some metal pipes accessible under the car that is ac pipes and want to know what they are and steps to replace them. please help.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know. Can you send me a picture of what you are wanting to change? Why do you want to change?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need to change the ac hose that connects to compressor. i see it leaking.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

you will need to evacuate system. The connections can be threaded or spring locks. This can be very dangerous if precautions are not take. I strongly advise a professional for this job.