Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oldsmobile supreme: I have a 1990 cutlas supreme v3.1 up Hill…

Customer Question
I have a 1990 cutlas...
I have a 1990 cutlas supreme v3.1 up Hill I get passing gear on free way call stalls pull over stop car and start again.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
CAR STALLS YESTERDAY COULDENT START ON HIIL I TOWED HM ON LEVEL GROUND CAR STARTS AND DRIVES NO PROBLEMS.
6/20/2015
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing sounds like you may have a weak fuel pump and when the pump become weak it will tend to over heat under the load of climbing and the pressure will drop off. The place to start to verify if this is actually the cause would be to install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 30 to 44 PSI, anything less then 30 PSI would indicate a failing fuel pump. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician