sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Oldsmobile Silhouette: My 2000 silhouette ac is weak and only

Customer Question

My 2000 silhouette ac is weak and only blows on passenger side
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming you have an airflow issue rather than a temperature problem.
If there is little airflow on the right side and none on the left then there is either a physical blockage or the blower motor is running slowly.
If the blower motor doesn't sound as if it's running at full speed then it's power and ground should be tested, and if ok then the motor can be condemned.
If it seems to be running at full speed but there is little or no airflow then there is a blockage in the heater box. It could be a door that isn't opening or something foreign blocking the blower motor inlet or inside the heater box. It could be something such as insulation carried in by rodents or dirt accumulation that has solidified on the evaporator.