Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais Supreme: coolant lite comes on when

coolant lite comes on when car warms up but the coolant level is full also recently replaced water pump

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle concerns, I will do my best to help you with your question.

.

The coolant level sensor, (module) on them will do that. You will want to do the test with the engine warmed up to be sure.

.

graphic

graphic

.

DESCRIPTION
This lamp will be illuminated when engine coolant level in the radiator drops below a predetermined level. To turn lamp off, check cooling system, then add coolant to bring system to proper level.

OPERATION
Some vehicles use a buzzer or indicator lamp to convey a low coolant level condition. The buzzer or lamp is activated by a sensor, located in the radiator, when the coolant level becomes one quart low, or more.

.

..

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well u may b rite however it seems as though the level of coolant in the reserve doesn't change all my fans r working properly

There are not many things that it can be for the coolant level light coming on when the system is full.
.