JHoop
JHoop, Oldsmobile Certified Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

Oldsmobile Alero 2000 Alero rear defroster doesnt work. Fuse

2000 Alero rear defroster doesn't work. Fuse and relay ok. Light on dash comes on but defroster doesn't work
Hello , my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide.

Does the relay click when the defrost button is pushed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've never heard a click when I push the defrost button. I will need to turn off the radio and fan to listen for it. My husband put in a new relay and just felt the back window to see if it felt warmer. You see why I need help. Back to you tomorrow morning.
I will keep your question open. You can get back to me anytime answering any e-mail sent to you related to this question or by logging into your JA account. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I pushed the DEF button and heard no click but the light comes on. I've read the Black Box Connector may have burned out. It's located on rear passenger side post between window and rear. They sautered the wires to conncetor rather than replace it.
Can you put your finger on the relay and turn on the DEF. Can you feel the relay click?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After work.......5 pm or later
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I push the "Defrost" button the light comes on and the relay-located under the hood-clicks, So it's not the relay. I will check with a mechanic for connector wire or rear window problem.

No more questions

You have a bad heating element on the window.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop