Olds expert
Olds expert, ase certified technician
Experience:  30 years experience
22989858

How to replace a heater core in a 93 Olds Cutlass Ciera

Here's the procedure as outlined in the service Manual

WITH A/C

1. Drain cooling system.
  2. Disconnect heater inlet and outlet hoses.
  3. Remove lower instrument panel sound insulator, then heater floor outlet duct.
  4. Remove heater core cover screws and clips securing cover to air valve housing, then heater core cover.
  5. Remove heater core retaining straps, then heater core.
  6. Reverse procedure to install.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any available pictures/diagrams or web links. I'm trying to determine if I absolutely need to take this to a shop. I've heard that I may need to remove the entire dash, but that does not appear to be the case for this model. I've also heard that I would need to rock the engine forward in order to disconnect the heater inlet and outlet hoses. This is my first time using this site. I can deposit the addition funds, if necessary (or that option is available), to receive more pertinent detail. Thank you.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think you may have only ready the first sentence of my reply?
I'm sorry, no you do not need this to be replaced in a shop you can do this yourself the entire dash does not half to come out only the bottom portion, engine disconnecting the upper engine pork mount and rocking it for does give you more room to get to the heater hoses but is not completely necessary