Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

2000 Olds Bravada: electrical problem..dashboard lights come..driven

Customer Question
I have an electrical problem...
I have an electrical problem in a 2000 Olds Bravada. The dashboard lights come on frequently. The battery goes dead in 7 to 10 days whether the car is driven or not. I have had at least three shops tell me that my charging system is working just fine. I have had this dashboard problem for five years but the battery going dead problem is getting worse as the months go by. I am getting to be an expert at switching batteries. Winter is coming soon here in Ohio and I don't look forward to having to go out in the cold to change batteries. Usually the dashboard lights come on when I engage the safety belt and I can get them to go off by operating the toggle switch for the power seat (that is not working). Sometimes when I hit a bump the lights come on. There are other electrical accessories that are not working. Any help? Thanks, AL
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Oldsmobile
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2010
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician replied 7 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician

amedee :

Hello!

amedee :

Did you still need help?

amedee :

Do the batteries die when the engine is running or when the vehicle is sitting overnight?

amedee :

Are you saying that the headlights do not work at times?

Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician

Did you still need help?

Relist: Incomplete answer.
tell me how to continue contact with a expert
Hello!

I am waiting for your reply.

I am trying to ask you a few questions so that I can give you an answer.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Hello!

Sorry for the delay!

Did you have any further questions?
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician