Office Equipment

I have a identity guard model sh1524cp sheerder. it will…

I have a identity...

I have a identity guard model sh1524cp sheerder. it will only run backwards

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SH1524CP?

Severals years but i only used it very little

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?
... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SH1524CP?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
identity guard model sh1524cp 24 sheet .this all i have
11/23/2018
Russell H., Service Tech.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your shredder question.

Usually when a shredder runs backward and no other way, it means it is auto-detecting a jam-up in its cutting gears, and trying to eject the jam-up.

So, I advise you to consider: Have you had a jam recently, that was removed by pulling out? or perhaps was very jammed-up and removal had to be somewhat rough?

And examine: whether there is any small fragment still left between the cutting wheels? with the power plug removed from the power first, for safety, and only probing into the cutting wheels with a wooden implement, not with metal.

Also see whether a sensing switch might be jammed down, or broken off, etc. Which could cause this problem.

- If you find nothing wrong, how old is the shredder? and would you like to take it to a service shop for evaluation and/or repairs?

Russell H., Service Tech.
thank you. it works now
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
S and a red light i. FellowsPowerShred79Ci. I have shredded
I have shredded some paper but the red light has come on reflecting a box … read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Information Technology Management / Computer Science
The fax is not working pro9perly. It loads the sheets and
The fax is not working pro9perly. It loads the sheets and brings them thru one at a time but then says it is jammed and can't fax them. There is no sign of paper jammed anywhere and the sheets do go t… read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Lide220 not recognized. IMac running Mojave. Connect me now
lide220 not recognized JA: What's the brand and model of your office equipment? Customer: iMac running Mojave JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you? Customer: connect … read more
Stop searching for answers—
Shredder will only operate in reverse mode and only reverse
Shredder will only operate in reverse mode and only reverse blades.; … read more
I have a copy ier Work Centre M15 and cannot copy says
I have a copy ier Work Centre M15 and cannot copy says Scanner locked how do I unlock scanner … read more
IT Manager,
We are having difficulty connecting to our fax phone line
We are having difficulty connecting to our fax phone line and do not know which outlet to connect too? the fax number is(###) ###-####… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Error 035718 appearing on our fax-fujixerox 305df. About 12
About 12 months old. Fuzixerox docuprint CM 305df. … read more
Richard Hill
Richard Hill
I can not receive a fax on my new printer, it is the
I can not receive a fax on my new printer, it is the wf-7620. I ran a check and everything passed, but when the phone rings it will not pick up the fax … read more
Engineer,
I Have a Xerox XC865 and a red light has been on for some
I Have a Xerox XC865 and a red light has been on for some time and I was thinking that it was the Toner that need to be replace, but it stop working and I changed the Toner which I realize now was not… read more
Senior Engineer,
Xerox 4112 fault code 012-243. Booklet gets stuck in 4 in
Xerox 4112 fault code 012-243. Booklet gets stuck in 4 in the professional finisher and a new sheet printed goes up top. I have the squarefold trimmer attached as well.… read more
Senior Engineer,
Black screening with blue box enter passwold on my Toshiba
Black screening with blue box enter passwold on my Toshiba satellite C55D-A5120 Windows 8,1… read more
Have an isssue with 012-330 , the machine didnt star...
the machine didnt star... just said system error 012-330 … read more
Service Tech.,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a pandigital photolink one touch scanner and my
I have a pandigital photolink one touch scanner and my computer does not find any photos when I try to transfer… read more
Senior Engineer,
I downloaded and installed the scan driver software, but I
Hello Carl. I downloaded and installed the scan driver software, but I still cannot scar using my wireless router. I can only print. Can you help?… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
Canon 7055 printer has red line on color images. We've tried
Canon 7055 printer has red line on color images. We've tried everything and nothing seems to get rid of that line. Any advice???… read more
Michael
Michael
Appliance Repair Technician,
I have a ricoh MP 201 and it says privileges are required to
I have a ricoh MP 201 and it says privileges are required to use this function when I am trying to change the tray paper size I was logged in as supervisor and I got the same message.… read more
Senior Engineer,
My fax HL-5250 dn out of warranty Problem: Status light is
my fax HL-5250 dn out of warranty Problem: Status light is RED Paper light --- Blinking Yellow i checked Paper path by removing paper tray-- removing ink cartridge and checking from the back of printe… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I have the new sam 4s cash register er-940 . after I did RAM
I have the new sam 4s cash register er-940 . after I did RAM clear now the cash register all mode closed . now I can not do basic program to preset the price on the keyboard or do descriptor. how can … read more
Senior Engineer,