Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Tried to send fax wont send printed out error report that…

Customer Question
Tried to send fax...

Tried to send fax wont send printed out error report that said imageon fax send report is set to off. how do i turn it on

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

2 weeks , i dont fax much

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I cant recieve faxes for a long time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Office Equipment
3/15/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your fax report question.

The 'image' being turned Off merely means a duplicate of what you scanned to be sent, will not be printed out with the fax report. Do you still want it turned On? if so, please tell me your fax's maker, and model # - that is needed, for me to give you accurate instructions, please.

Otherwise... the problem is that the fax won't send.

Can you dial your cell phone from the fax, and see if the call goes through, if it rings the cell phone, and if you hear the beep-beep tones from the fax when you pick up on the call on your cell phone? that's the first test that needs to be done. Let me know how that goes, please, in Reply - and I will help you further as needed.

I tried calling rang phone but no beep-beepon my cell phone

What phone service do you have? and is the fax on a dedicated line, by itself on the line?

If the call did not go through to your cell phone with the proper beep tones from the fax, then unforutnately:

a. if the cell phone did not ring, your call did not go through and your phone line service needs checking, or

b. if the cell phone rang, but no beep tones were heard from the fax, then your fax is defective, because those beep tones must be produced and sent over the phone line in order for fax transmission to begin.

Let me know if you need further help.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.