Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My Dell E525W won't fax. When I put in the number it tells…

Customer Question
My Dell E525W won't...

My Dell E525W won't fax. When I put in the number it tells me the number is ***** working, Woks fine when I listen to it on my phone.. When I dial the number with the printer I don't hear the handshake tone

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Just started when I tried to fax today . Don't remember the last time I tried to fax but it worked then or if I have had a software update after that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Office Equipment
12/12/2017
Technician: Engineer John C, Equipment Expert replied 7 months ago
Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

First, make sure the Dell E525W is connected to the phone port on the a with a telephone cable. Also make sure you have telephone service on that wall port.

Then try to fax a document and let me know.

Please remember I don't work for the manufacturer, so please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not happy with them.

A good feedback is appreciated, that's the only way for me to get paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again.

Also, please click REPLY if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

JOHN

John: Obviously, I checked the phone connection before I contacted you. If the solution were that simple it would already be fixed. When the Fax tries to connect to the number I am sending I don't get the feedback that it is trying to connect. After a while i get a message that the number is ***** valid. I also have a phone connected to the same port. When I dial the same number from my phone I get the feedback that it is trying to connect. The issue is with the printer fax not trying to communicate with the number dialed. You mentioned you were not familiar with the Dell Printer/fax. If that is the case why don't we just cancel this call and you can refund my money. I will try and contact Dell
John..you asked me to rate you. I don't think we had enough back and forth for me to do so. All you asked me to do was to be sure the phone line was connected which I told you I had checked in the initial message. No further exchange happened other than you asked me to rate you.

Hi, I apologize for the long delay. Have you tried dialing another fax number just to isolate the issue? The problem may be with the receiving fax, not yours.

I am familiar with Dell, I just wanted to inform you that I do not work for them. However I work with Dell products every day.

Let me know if you need more help or if you still want to cancel.

Thank you and Merry Christmas! (Or Happy Holidays!)