Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We are having difficulty connecting to our fax phone line…

Customer Question
We are having difficulty...

We are having difficulty connecting to our fax phone line and do not know which outlet to connect too? the fax number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

I am helping my 92 year old step father with this issue...he thought it was a toner cartridge problem but I replaced it. There are several phone connection jacks in the office and nothing is labled after the last technician came out/

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to locate and connect the fax machince so it works.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Office Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Technician: Engineer John C, Equipment Expert replied 7 months ago
Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert

Hi, I am John, welcome to JA.

First, we need to find which jack has a functional phone line. In order to do that please connect a regular phone to one jack and see if you get dial tone. If you don't continue with other jacks until you find the good one.

Then using a regular telephone cable, connect the fax to that jack.

Please remember I don't work for the manufacturer, so please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not happy with them.

A good feedback is appreciated, that's the only way for me to get paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again.

Also, please click REPLY if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

JOHN