Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Cannot scan a document and send to computer thru router,

Customer Question

Cannot scan a document and send to computer thru router
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MF8580C imagclass only had printer for a year and half. Was working and now it is not.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: DELL Desktop XLS/ New this past December. printing works fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had to obtain failed modem replacement from cable company.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know how to start scanning again.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

It is a common problem for all-in-one printers to lose their scanner connection while retaining their printer connection. There is no separate scanner software; the multi-function printer drivers control both the printer and scanner functions. The solution to your problem is to reinstall the drivers. I can show you how to do this. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to spend any more money. I will Uninstaller and reinstall the drivers from the Canon Web site. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome. Please let me know if you run into any problems and need assistance. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.