Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I cannot get my Epson Scan software to recognize my Epson…

I cannot get my Epson...
I cannot get my Epson Scan software to recognize my Epson XP830 MFD. It works as a printer. I have deleted and reinstalled my drivers.
8/13/2017
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What operating system are you using?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Windows 10. It worked fine with an identical printer that I replaced a week ago.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If wireless, can you try with a USB cord and let me know if it allows you to scan ok?

Wireless, which works when I scan using the printer touch screen and save it to my computer, but I will try the USB connection.
I don't have a USB cable long enough to reach between printer and computer. I tried an eathernet cable but nothing happened.

Ethernet is a different setup and requires configuration.

Can you move them closer together to use a USB cable?

I will get a longer cable at lunch today and give it a try.

Ok, let me know how it goes...

I installed the USB cable. No change in the Epson Scan refusal to communicate.

Did you recently install any updates, e.g. Windows updates?

You may need to try reinstalling the latest Epson software for the scanner:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-830/s/SPT_C11CE78201

I uninstalled Epson Scan and downloaded and installed the latest version. No difference.

Windows 10 includes a built-in scan utility, which you can access from the printer context menu.

Click Start, type: devices and printer then hit Enter.

Right-click your scanner or printer, then click Start scan.

Let me know if that scans ok for you?

That works. Not great, but it works. It's not as flexible as the Epson Scan but it's good enough to get by. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it worked!
Have a great day :)
Pete.

ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer