Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

It is not scanning? Apparently it has to be connected to the

Customer Question

It is not scanning? Apparently it has to be connected to the internet just for me to send photos to my friends via email. Why?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It was purchased Nov. 12 2016. It is a HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-one printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is also a new computer. It is a HP purchased from Harvey Norman Qld Australia serial no etc I do not have on hand
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday was the first time I tried to scan something to send. Today I checked the printer 'file' and apparently the scanner is not connected?!
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only why do I have to register with the internet to send photos to my friends now. I have been scanning photos for years without this hassle
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Viet - Office Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Is printing currently working fine?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,