Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a LIDE 210 scanner. I continue to get the message to

Customer Question

I have a LIDE 210 scanner. I continue to get the message to unlock the scanner and unplug the unit then start over. The unit is not locked.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I trust you are aware that there is a 'shipping lock' on some scanners, where by throwing a switch on the scanner, you can lock the scanner bar inside the scanner, so that if moved or shipped, the scanner bar will not move around or get damaged.

Have you checked that switch, on the scanner?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Look at my question I say the unit is not locked
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Read my question then give me an answer. So far you have earned nothing

If you say the unit is not locked, I believe you. It should be obvious enough.

But, have you checked the lock switch, by pushing it to the ON or Locked position, then back to the unlocked position? this should be tried at least once.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How about 10 or more times?

I feel I am not making progress with this case. With apologies, I am Opting Out of this case, opening it to any other Expert who might take it up, and do better with it. Thanks for your patience meanwhile.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Connect it please to a different USB port on the computer

Does it then scan?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried that, several times.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

thanks

Do you have another computer available there so we can connect it to and test with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. I am an individual. The scanner has only been connected to this computer. The software has been updated. I have taken the scanner apart and the scanning arm is free and if it is left away from home it returns to home when it is turned on. If I touch the autoscan button the software starts up.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, open MSPaint in windows, then click on File, Scan

Does it scan there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try that but it will be a couple of hours.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is nothing different. Same alarm codes 2, 179,14
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

connect with a different cable please directly to the computer (not via a scanner)

Any change then?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I used a different cable. Connected to three different USB ports. There is no change. With both cables the unit will return the scanner array to home, it will open the software and it will attempt to scan. Then the error message comes up.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

It is the lock sensor that has faulted, this is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the scanner to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you