Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Samsung CLX6220 printer, I have a Samsung CLX6220

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung CLX6220 printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hi I have a Samsung CLX6220 printer, its 4 years old. There are 2 error messages on teh screen. 1. Prepare Fuser Unit. 2. Prepare Transfer Belt. I bought a new fuser unit and replaced it 6 months ago, but the error message is still there. With the Transfer Belt do I need to buy a new one (it says in Transfer belt menu 49595 images)? If yes, how do I replace it, is it easy to do? Thanks a lot
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been going on ofr 3 months. I replaced fuser unit with a new one 6 months ago. That's it in terms of trouble shooting
JA: Anything else you want the office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i don't need anything at the moment thanks
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The transfer belt will be advisable to replace as well as the fuser. It is in fact more likely to wear out than the fuser is, perhaps, in major respects that could degrade the printed page.

Replacing a Transfer Belt is by and large easily done enough. Remove the old one, put in the new one, shut up the machine, it should sense the new one and reset the error message accordingly.

Do you need more in-depth or detailed instructions, e.g. as to removing the old transfer belt (without removing any other parts unnecessarily) ? if so, please Reply and let me know and I will instruct you further.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I replaced the fuser 4 months ago, should it need to be changed again so quickly? And after I put the new one in, 4 months ago, the error message has continued saying 'prepare new fuser unit'. what do you think? If you can explain how to replace the transfer belt that would be useful. thanks

The transfer belt is the T508, pictured here:

http://www.quikshiptoner.com/catalog/images/clt-t508-oem.jpg

The transfer belt in this machine is located just behind the front door (that swings out and downward), and attached to it / mounted on it.

In front of the toner cartridges, in short, as positioned when the printer is closed up and working.

Here's how to remove the old transfer belt:

1. using the handle, release the catch on the front door, and swiing it forward (towards you) and downward.

2. then press the green release handle to release the transfer belt, and lift it up and out of the machine... note: do not touch the belt surface itself, it is quite sensitive. Likewise do not clean it, do not use liquids of any kind on it... This especially applies to the new transfer belt.

To put in the new transfer belt, aside from observing greater caution in handling it, and also having to unpack it, you just do the reverse of that.

You may also have to do a Transfer Belt Reset to clear the transfer belt message... and also a fuser reset no doubt. Let me know if that proves needed, and I will promptly get you the information on how to go about those two resets.