Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Office Equipment

Having a paper jam message come up on a 6027, there's no

Customer Question
obvious paper in the machine...
having a paper jam message come up on a 6027, there's no obvious paper in the machine, there was an earlier jam but the paper came out in one piece, tried switching machine off and back on, etc. nothing's working. Can it be a sensor?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: xerox 6027, one year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: cleared paper jam, did everything that I thought I could
JA: Anything else you want the office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Office Equipment
10/7/2016
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. Can you tell me please if the paper jam was in the rear of the printer or in the front of the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't really tell, but my guess would be the back of the machine

To facilitate clearing paper jams, you can activate Jam Recovery Mode.

Jam Recovery Mode runs the printer for a brief period of time to move the paper further into the exit tray.

To run Jam Recovery Mode: 1. Press and hold the Clear All button for three seconds.

2. After the printer engine stops running, turn the power off, then remove the jammed paper.

Let's give this a try in case there is an additional piece of paper stuck in the machine. Let me know the results please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the clear all button or what does it look like?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is a small desk top xerox machine

There should be is a "clear all" button that has the symbol CA// on it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got it, didn't work

This link is to the complete user manual. There are excellent illustrated instructions for clearing paper jams from any area, beginning on page 179. Please give these instructions a try and let me know the results.

http://download.support.xerox.com/pub/docs/WC6027/userdocs/any-os/en_GB/wc6027_user_guide_en-us.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried all of this, this happened when i filled the paper tray up, maybe a bit too much, and then it jammed. The paper came out in one piece and that was it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks anyway, I am going to try to open the back of the machine, this was disappointing

I'm sorry that you're disappointed Please allow me to "opt out" and open the question to other experts who may be able to help more. Have a wonderful day!

Russell H., Service Tech.