Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Office Equipment

I have a Nc-b402sc printer that keep getting jammed on every

Customer Question
copy...
I have a Nc-b402sc printer that keep getting jammed on every copy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Office Equipment
7/24/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the Sharp printer in question?

Where do the jams occur?

What is the error message or error indication on the printer, exactly, when that happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have no idea of age
The jam occurs right before it exit
Error is a misfeed has occurred

That is most likely to be a problem with the fuser.

The fuser is at the end of all laser printer, and laser copier, printing processes.

It applies heat to the paper, which fuses the toner powder onto the paper.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can that be fixed

Be careful when examining the fuser, and turn the printer/copier Off first, and wait 15 minutes, to be sure of not burning your fingers - fusers are quite hot.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do I do when I take it out

It can be fixed. Replacing the fuser unit, as a unit, is the usual cure.

Also, if the rollers (there are several rollers in it) are obviously out of place in the fuser, or damaged, upon inspections, then you can do various things.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has exited the fuser when it get jammed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It jams as soon as the last part of paper exit fuser

That's different.

Offhand, I'm not sure what is wrong. If the paper has completely exited the printer when it jams, then make sure there is no paper elsewhere in the printer/copier.

Also, try copying *one* sheet. See if that fails to jam the printer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I'm doing one at a time but

If a one-sheet copy completely exits the printer and exits the fuser into the output tray... then 'a misfeed has occurred' means something else. E.g. a stuck sensor switch somewhere, or an erratic circuit board.

But I honestly am not sure. Would it be OK if I Opted Out and let another Expert take over this case by and by?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's hanging up right b4 output tray

I can't picture that. How far out of the printer does the paper get? inches? at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The printer is a mix-b402sx
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mx
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took the out put tray out and it works fine

If the paper has just exited the fuser but stops there and doesn't get deposited into the output tray, then a sensor switch that detects the presence of paper in the fuser, may be being activated, but not 'springing back', either sticking in place or otherwise not 'releasing' after the paper leaves the fuser.

If that sensor switch is in the fuser unit itself, in this model, then replacing the fuser would cure it.

Do you mean, the error is fixed if the output tray is removed?

Then somehow it was fouling up the fuser region. Or not inserted correctly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if I remove output tray the printer works fine for some reason the rollers in output tray is not working

Or perhaps the fuser unit was malpositioned. And fed paper out to a place where it was blocked from exiting properly.

Or the exit feed rollers are not turning because the fuser is malpositioned and gears are not meshing that drive the exit feed rollers - ?

I'm examining those photos...

Thank you for taking the photos and posting them - they provide more data about the problem.

If there's a stapler after the fuser, then the problem is in the stapler, doubtless. Check its connections to the rest of the printer.

(If a sensor switch in the stapler was disconected, then the machine would sense a misfeed or jam and stop, just as it seems it is doing.)

Russell H., Service Tech.