Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Russell. I need assistance with the scanning function on a Konica

Customer Question

Hi Russell. I need assistance with the scanning function on a Konica Minolta biz hub C360. It is hardwired to a router (airport extreme). I use a macbook, and would like it to scan directly to my computer if possible - but the techs that I've worked with couldn't make that work. Also, the machine previously scanned to email, but that function recently stopped working. The scan to email may be because I changed a wifi password ***** but I didn't see any place on the machine where I would input a wifi password *****
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to edit the previous question -- but I meant to say the PROBLEM with scan to email may be that I changed wi-fi password...
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the KM BizHub is hard-wire connected to the router, the WiFi password *****'t matter, not by itself.If the router was reset and had its settings for the local network wiped, before changing the WiFi settings, then that could cause the network settings on the BizHub to become invalid for scanning to email, for sure, causing it to cease to work. As to how to make it scan to your computer... you'll need to do a bit of work to get the settings on the BizHub exactly right for that.It's a matter of settings on the BizHub. Shall I go into details? there's no point in my doing so unless you do have settings-and-configuration access to the BizHub... that is, you have to have Administrator access via the keys and controls on the BizHub, or else at least, you have to have built-in-web-server access via a web browser on your computer and entering the local network address of the BizHub into your browser's Address field and pressing Return. Do you follow me so far? do you have such Admin or Web Server access?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I follow you so far.
It is hardwired to the router.
The router was reset before changing the WiFi settings -- I don't know whether that "wiped the local network."
I have Admin access to the BizHub via keys and control -- and built-in web server access via computer.
If you think you can make the work -- please go into details.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If the router was reset in order to gain access to the admin setup, then it was reset to defaults and the local network parameters were reset to defaults along with it. First, go to a Command Prompt on your computer.Enter theipconfigcommand, and press the RETURN key once. Look for a line that says,Default Gateway:and has an IP address. That is now the base address of your router and of your local network.It's the address that you have to configure the scanning and the scan-to-email to some extent, around.Then go to the web-server-access to the BizHub, via your computer browser. See what the basic network settings of your BizHub are, esp. its IP address and whether it is using DHCP - or, more likely, not using DHCP / DHCP Disabled.