Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have xerox 7775 which is saying Copying and printing Not

Customer Question

I have xerox 7775 which is saying Copying and printing Not available
error code are 342.326.00 and 321.331.00
I have power on and off in the past and that normally worked but not now
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The first fault code means 'Belt Position Too Long'. Something to do with the position sensed for the belt, or the intervals between sensing that position of the belt, being too long. Unfortunately this could mean the motor that drives that belt is failing. Usually opening the Drum Drawer, then the Transfer Drawer, then closing them of course, then opening and closing the Front Door/Cover, can reset this. The second error... I cannot find any information about. I suggest that you double-check whether you noted it down correctly ? under the circumstances, I hope that's reasonable. The machine may, unfortunately, need servicing. But even so, check briefly, without handling anything, as to whether the belt has any loose toner spilled on, around, or beneath it. That may mean the belt intervals are not being sensed, simply owing to toner on the metallic patch that usually, in these types of printers, is read optically to sense the belt position. If that were the case, and it's not quite likely, then cleaning that metallic patch on one side of the belt - and don't touch the belt itself, it's delicate and might be damaged - as well as the sensor that reads it, could help perhaps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to date pull the ibt belt out . Then clean n inspect both sensors. Then re install and stll get same code 342.326.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the second error is because machine is not cycling up complrtely and not printing the config sheet
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Open both the Drum Drawer, and the Transfer Drawer (closing the first again before opening the second, as necessary), and then the Front Cover also. See if that resets the error, or one of them at least.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi..
Thx for quick follow up. Im not at office now..where machine. (Time is 10pm est.)
I will be infront of machine 9am est...
Thx much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be available to talk then?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think so. I'm not quite certain of my morning schedule yet. I'll try to be online then. Good night.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(I'm in Eastern Time too, no need to translate time zones, thanks.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome thx much
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It's not quite 9 a.m. If you need more help, I'll be online for the next 3/4 hour or so (on and off - I may be away for 10 min. here and there.)
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I'm still here...
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Regrettably, I will have to go offline now, or very soon. I did await your communication for over 40 minutes, I hope that counts. Let's get in touch later about this. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning..
We had production emergency..:(
Will you be back online the afternoon.
If not what time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am here to follow up.I do notice I don't here any spinning in the machine in the reboot..and it was really starting to jam a lot more the usual.
could it be a gear or belt for the motor. how can we check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello....trying to follow up
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I am here again. I will be online c. 5 p.m., and to some extent later on too. As I said before: the motor that ultimately drives the belt could be failing, and turning more slowly than usual. Otherwise, I don't know what the problem is, thus far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello..good news the print is working again but the 4 coor dont not line up...or align is there a menu for that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think clean the sensor help but bit sure why color dont line up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok...online at pm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5pm
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think a Color Calibration operation would be ideal for a problem like the colors not lining up. Log in as the System Administrator or Key Operator. See the Related Content for additional information.Press the [Machine Status] button on the Control Panel.(...which is located at the upper right of the control panel, and is the right-most of the three top-most buttons. ) Select the [Tools] tab on the Touch Screen.Select the [Troubleshooting] button.Select the [Calibration] button.Select the [Copy Calibration] button.Select the [Next] button to print the calibration pattern, and then remove the calibration pattern from the Output Tray.Raise the Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF).Place the pattern face-down on the Document Glass.Place five sheets of white paper on top of the pattern and close the DADF.Select the [Next] button to scan the pattern. An "Adjusting Calibration" message will be displayed.Select the [Close] button when the "Calibration Complete" message is displayed.Press the [Log In / Outout] button on the Control Panel. The Logout screen will be displayed.Select the [Logout] button on the Touch Screen to exit. Try that. And let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that magenta, cyan and yellow not lining up
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Then unless there is another color alignment procedure for this printer... looking it up ... there doesn't seem to be any other listed... since there is no other alignment procedure listed, you will have to call service on this machine, it seems, unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so..wow..I wish i new what got it out of color...
I did adjust the color..
just clean ibt belt sensors
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
How does the color un-alignment look? in common terms, e.g. about a photocopy or one page of printout with the various colors on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are test prints
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(-I'm sorry, but I Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts, because I feel I can make no further progress with it.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do think..with seeing test sheets
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My is finally ru. I g but the colors are not align
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello..machine is ppwering up and runs.
But colors are bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I adjust color alignment on my xerox 7775
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello no one is responding
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
All that can be recommended at this point is the use of the Image Quality Kit. This is a set of sheets that tell about your sort of defect (image doubling or the like) and what to do about it.I can find an unusable miniature version of this, but it is too small to be useful."Ask your Xerox service rep" about it on his next visit, is all the information on finding it that I can locate. I'm sorry to say it, but to get the images printed to align may require an (expensive, I know) service rep.'s servicing visit. There is one clue: sometimes using the wrong paper stock can cause misaligned colors in the fashion your printer is suffering. Also I hear a mention of SIQA Tools. I have no idea what they are, but they can address image skewing (even if that's not quite the problem you're having.)
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Here's a video about Image Quality Tools (- for a different model): http://www.office.xerox.com/userdoc/WC7425_WC7428_WC7435/videos/index.htm