Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Ricoh MP C4502. It has a fax board installed. The…

Customer Question
I have a Ricoh MP...
I have a Ricoh MP C4502. It has a fax board installed. The received faxes are forwarded to network folder. The problem I have is that the received fax image appears compressed. If I send an A4 full page fax then the received fax will looks like it is occupying only the middle half of the page. Quarter page is left at both top an bottom empty.
The other issue I have is that I need to print fax transmission sheet automatically for each fax sent or failed. The switches seem to be correct. I can send you a picture of my current setting before we start so there is no confusion in the end.
Module Name Version Part Number
System/Copy 2.15 D1445562Z
Network Support 11.103 D1445563Q
Font EXP 1.04 D1295770B
PCL Font 1.06 D1315586A
animation 1.00 D1445568A
Fax 10.00.00 D1445569M
RemoteFax 04.00.00 D1445564F
Printer 1.12 D1445572L
RPCS 3.12.24 D1445574C
PCL 1.15 D1445580M
Scanner 01.13 D1445570G
NetworkDocBox 3.04 D1445567K
Web Support 1.14 D1445565H
Web Uapl 1.06 D1445566G
PDF 1.07 D1445559H
Java VM v10 std 10.10.01 D1445594K
PS3 Font 1.12 D6205681
Data Erase Onb 1.01x D3775934
GWFCU3.5-4(WW) 10.00.00 D6435570N
PowerSaving Sys F.11 D1445560D
Engine 1.10:04 D1445114M
OpePanel 1.07 D1441491F
LANG0 1.05 D1441499B
LANG1 1.04 D1441499A
ADF 01.000:03 D6305601
Just Size Printing :
On Off
Combine 2 Originals :
On Off
Convert to PDF When Transferring to Folder :
On Off
Automatic Printing Report
To Top of the Page
Journal :
On Off
Immediate Transmission Result Report :
On Off
Communication Result Report :
On Off
Memory Storage Report :
On Off
SEP Code RX Result Report :
On Off
SEP Code RX Reserve Report :
On Off
Confidential File Report :
On Off
LAN-Fax Result Report :
On Off
Inclusion of Part of Image :
On Off
E-mail
To Top of the Page
Error E-mail Notification :
On Off
Display Network Errors :
On Off
Journal Notification by E-mail :
On Off
Response to RX Notice Request :
On Off
Select Destination Type Priority :
Paper Output Electronic Output
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
3/11/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

As for settings, try:

Communication Result Report: ON

and

Memory Storage Report: OFF

and

Lan-Fax Result Report: ON

and

Select Destination Type Priority: PAPER OUTPUT

A more subtle point: is the photocopying or printing working on the machine? you cannot get a printed transmission report, if the machine is not in printing condition.

Then there's the point, that the compression of the image might be a 'Resized' image instead of a compressed image.

Look for a Resize option and disable it. That might possibly help.

I can not seem to find any resize option. The fax image is the main issue for me. Could you please be more specific.

I do not not want to print faxes just to get the transmission report. Thanks.

So then,

Journal Notification By Email might be ON, if you prefer that way of being notified, and/or

Select Destination Type Priority might be Electronic Output.

And of course Memory Storage Report might be ON. Obviously.

As for the image. Try

Inclusion of Part of Image

set to On.

That might make the part-of-the-image in correct size. The whole image being the alternative, and likely, in the larger sizes, to result in resizing. That's my thought on that aspect.

(If this answers your question fully, please rate my answer. Thanks.)