Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Installed new scanner, and getting Scanner Error: driver in…

Customer Question
Hi , I'm Steve ...

Hi , I'm Steve

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Installed new scanner , and getting Scanner Error: driver in use by another program-4539 when trying to scan to web application

Technician's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Printer Technician now?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/26/2016
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

Hi Michael, The scanner works fine uploading to Desktop , Documents etc. Its only when I try to upload to a web based application that this error stops me doing so.

It sounds like you have two applications fighting over the same driver. What I would do, which I think would fix this pretty quickly, is to uninstall the associated software, restart, then re-install the software.

Another option would be to look through the plugins/add-ons in the browser that you are using, to see if there is a second agent in the browser that is causing the problem. You didn't mention your scanner make or model, so I know this information isn't very specific, but it's the best I can provide for right now.

I would be curious to find out, at least for troubleshooting, if you have the same problem with a different browser - for example, if you are using Internet Explorer, whether it would work properly if you tried using it with Chrome. That would rule in or out whether it is something in the browser causing it.

I have tried all of the above and also purchased a new computer and just have the Canon DR C225W on it , and still getting same message .
Please can you access my computer remotely to sort this out
Thanks

I checked the specs for this scanner - Canon doesn't offer a Windows 10 driver - the highest compatibility they offer is Windows 8.1. I don't know the specs of your new computer, but that might be something to consider. I can submit an additional services ticket for remote desktop support for you to approve.