Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My IPF750 is still giving me the error code2F13 after

Customer Question
My IPF750 is still...

My IPF750 is still giving me the error code(###) ###-####2F13 after replacing ink maintenance cartridge and all new ink. This is after talking to Canon tech that wants to charge $1,300.00 for someone to come look at it after I told him that I'm not using Canon original ink.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Office Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Office Equipment Technician now?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
2/24/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did you replace *everything*, one of every item, in the maintenance kit, not just the cartridge?

The answer to that should be, 'Yes.' Going cheap on that just produces more problems.

As for using non-Canon-OEM ink... that can lead to problems too.

Please open your printer and examine it briefly for signs of spilled toner, too.

Replaced the three color and three black ink. Replaced just the maintenance cartridge. Not sure of what else should be replaced. I am not very knowledgeable in this area. Just for information that might help, after turning it on, it goes through a process of filling tanks for a couple of minutes then gives the error code. Does this everytime I restart it. It does say hardware error.
I see below where we can talk instead of typing. Maybe tomorrow when I'm at my office and in front of the printer we could talk over the phone. Would that be better?

Happening to be online at this time, I'd like to ask, Did you replace the printhead?

That can be necessary... but to cover all the possible problems that error code might mean in some cases, would require a lot of explanation. And it's mostly technical stuff that you could not do yourself - if you are, as you say, not knowedgeable in these matters.

In sum, you may need to simply have the printer serviced... by a tech who really does know about this type of printer. And can cover all the bases, so that they don't just 'replace something, charge you for it, in a day or two return and repeat, etc.'

This is a difficult error code for me to pretend to advise you specifically to 'do one thing', esp. if you are not deeply into repair and maintenance and electronic diagnosis.

Russell H., Service Tech.