Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I bought a laminator about three or four years ago wife. She…

Customer Question
I bought a laminator...

I bought a laminator about three or four years ago for my wife. She put it on a shelf. Last week I got it down, opened it up, and turned it on. It made a continuous growling sound, but did not seem to work. The green light never came on. This morning I turned it on again and it was silent. I tried first doing a cold laminate. The material fed through the device, but did not laminate. I set the switch to hot laminate. It has been 30 minutes and no green light. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Office Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Office Equipment Technician should know?

Nothing that I can think of. So far it looks like I got a bad device fresh out of the box.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
2/18/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model?

Xerox model xrx-lm1910
Nathan, the offer to talk for an additional $18 confirms what I already suspected. I do not have anyone with the Xerox corporation willing to furnish me any advice on an item that was out of warranty when I took it from the box the other day. I apparently have an item that was defective from the beginning and I am now being asked for additional money to be told that I have already wasted what I spent on the purchase. I am not satisfied with the good faith offer of $5 for an answer and I certainly am not going to continue with this charade.

Thank you for confirming,

there are a few possible issues happening here. One is that it is not feeding properly (the noise), which is common to see on these as they collect dust/debris when sitting idle for long periods. For that you can open it up and clean all of the rubber rollers/wheels with a bit of rubbing alcohol on a qtip.

You are seeing an automated call offer which can be ignored if you don't want it.

You are not speaking with xerox either. This is a paid support service. Xerox does not provide this type of service at all on any out of warranty items.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services.

No thanks. I have wasted enough time and money already. Good day.

There are other steps to address here as well but we can certainly discontinue if you wish.

Best of luck to you.

Russell H., Service Tech.