Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

I have a Panasonic projector model PT-DZ570 (see attached

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic projector model PT-DZ570 (see attached photo) that when in focus on one side of the projected image is slightly out of focus on the other side. Just can't seem to get entire screen in focus. It seems related to a slight looseness of the lens. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

It looks like only the surface of the projector in the photo.

But the most common cause for what you describe is that the projector is not in the precise center of the screen. Even if you correct for the keystone you won't have both left and right in focus. Do to the aspherical design of the lens, you won't see this on top and bottom, but you will see it on left and right if the projector isn't dead center.