Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I'm ***** ***** and looking way to disable the stupid error…

Customer Question
Hi! I'm ***** *****...

Hi! I'm ***** ***** and looking for a way to disable the stupid error I"m getting on my Xerox Phaser 6128MFP laser printer. I got the "replace Cyna Toner" message and just replaced...now it's saying "invalid toner" I just want to print in black and white- but can't get around the toner message. I replaced the cyan with the same toner we've used for years.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The screen says "Invalid Toner/ Cyan" and then the red light is on and won't let me print anything I've turned the printer on and off, put the empty cartridge back in, checked the new toner several times to make sure it was locked in place...still have the error message and am dead in the water until this stupid error message goes away. Is there a way to override it? I don't even need to use cyan to print in black and white

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
2/15/2016
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This indicates a faulty toner cartridge, which is not uncommon with third party cartridges. What I would suggest is replacing it with an brand new OEM cartridge. Third party cartridges and refilled cartridges can do damage to the printer over time. Even in the short term, they don't always have a reset chip on them that is correctly programmed. And this is necessary to reset the counter. If it didn't do the reset when you installed it, then it didn't have that chip, or the chip wasn't working. And that chip only works once and then blows like a fuse. So replacement of the cartridge, preferably with a new OEM cartridge, would have the best chance of solving the problem.