Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Is there a way I can empty the ink collector on my ricoh

Customer Question

Is there a way I can empty the ink collector on my ricoh GXE-330 myself or reset it I have an emergency job and it shouldnt even be full yet.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You cannot empty the ink collector yourself. It won't work well if you do - a new one is necessary.

If you want to try it, then be sure to first empty it out of all toner powder, quite thoroughly.

Then wipe it off with a clean dry rag cloth (which will be ruined by the old toner.) Get it quite clean... using water in a quick wash will result in a royal mess. This may take 1/2 hour of repeated polishing. It must be quite clear to work at all again, or have any chance of it. I disclaim all responsibility for this procedure if you follow it - it is inadvisable and likely to produce problems.

As for the reset... after putting the ink collector (old or new) back in, on the machine's panel, go to

MENU

^ or v to

ENGINE SETTINGS

YES

^ or v to

REPLC INKCOLLCT

YES

YES

Screen should display RESET COMPLETE.

If the error message persists after this, the re-use is not going well, and you need a new ink collector.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer.