Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Hllo, my name is ***** *****, I have a problem with a xreox…

Customer Question
Hllo, my name is...

Hllo, my name is ***** *****, I have a problem with a xreox 7346 which shows 'download mode' on the display

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The display shows 'Download mode', 3 days already. it cannot be used

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
1/18/2016
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the Xerox (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Xerox, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Still the same problem. I waited 20 mins before restarting

Thanks, ***** ***** checked for a released firmware for this (as it is requesting this by going to download mode) and there is none available which confirms the issue as the memory on the unit.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have the mainboard with the memory replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you