ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Brothers fax machine 2820 picks up 2 sheets of paper instead

Customer Question

Brothers fax machine 2820 picks up 2 sheets of paper instead of one and jams the machine.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

This can happen if the paper is sticking, or if the roller is worn.

It can also happen if the sensor does not detect a sheet of paper, and keeps trying to feed paper in.

Try placing just one sheet of paper in the machine and let me know if it picks it up and prints ok, or if you get an error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I place one paper in the tray and sent the machine a fax - it printed perfectly with no problems ?

Ok, and no errors?

Then this indicates a problem with the roller rather than the sensor.

Either the roller is worn and is picking up more than one sheet at a time, or the paper is sticking together and multiple sheets are getting dragged in. Ensure the paper is dry and try fanning it out before placing it in the paper tray. If that does not help, then the roller is worn and needs replacing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you replce the roller ? I too the front cover off the metal pate exposing the roller but it appears that the some of the side covers nees to be removed to remove the long rod going throiugh the roller assy. is there a picture to take this out or a explanation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you replace the roller ? I too the front cover off the metal pate exposing the roller but it appears that the some of the side covers nees to be removed to remove the long rod going throiugh the roller assy. is there a picture to take this out or a explanation

Most of the machine assembly needs to be disassembled to replace the feed roller.

This is normally carried out at a service center where they have the tools required to disassemble the machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The purpose of asking the question was to find out what was wrong I have the roller assembly and I have tools I just needed the repair manuel or the explanation thats why I came to this site. I know culd had the machine brought to a repair center but I wanted to fix it my self so again how do you disassemble a 2820 to change the roller ??????????????? thank you

Certainly - the service manual with diagrams is available at:

http://diagramasde.com/diagramas/otros2/Brother%20Fax-2820,2825,2910,2920,MFC-7220,7225N.pdf