Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

JUST REPLACED MAINTANENCE KIT IN RICOH SP4210S. KEEPS SAYING

Customer Question

JUST REPLACED MAINTANENCE KIT IN RICOH SP4210S. KEEPS SAYING MISFEED INTERNAL PATH.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An internal paper sensor has either been triggered, or tripped, or fouled, and is indicating the presence of paper inside the machine. Check the entire paper path, the course that the paper takes while being printed upon from start to finish within the printer, for any paper sheets, or paper scraps/dust/fluff, that might be triggering this error.

Also, check for spilled toner. Optical paper sensors can get toner on them, and be permanently stuck in the 'paper jam indicated' state until the toner is simply wiped away with a clean dry cloth.

Note: do not wipe the transfer film, nor the blue-ish metallic-looking drum surfaces; That would damage them beyond repairing in all likelihood.