Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

How do I get the icon onto my computer screen so I can use

Customer Question

How do I get the icon onto my computer screen so I can use the scanner on my printer
Canon Pixma MG2560 or able to place on my screen the icon for "My Image Gallery" neither the shortcut works and I can't find my printer/scan/copier on your manual website and I have installed the program and two icons shown . The Canon quick menu icon doesn't work
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Peter.

Are you using a windows or Mac computer and which version?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,