Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My Ricoh MP C3500 has no error messages but won't print. The

Customer Question

Hello Russell, my Ricoh MP C3500 has no error messages but won't print. The green start button's light is red. I also did a hard factory reset but the problem persist.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What does the display say and indicate on the Ricoh machine?

Does the screen change to anything else when you press START button ?

What is the indicated 'system status', or can you bring up a System Status on this printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen doesn't display any error msgs. When you press the start button it sounds like it's heating up to print but never does anything.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the photo.

Hit the 'System Status' tab or button at the bottom of the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no error
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What does System Status say?

A photo might help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to send one.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Good so far, and thanks.

What does the Data Storage tab say?

and maybe the Inquiry tab too? (the Machine Address tab is no object, I doubt, though completeness would dictate that I ask about it also.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That confirms my guess: you probably have a defective HDD in the Ricoh machine. The

0 %

shown for

HDD Remaining Memory

generally means the HDD is no longer 'ready' nor responding, on power-up and thereafter too perhaps. This makes the machine estimate 0 remaining storage/memory left on the HDD ... until it responds.

In short, a 'broken hard disk drive' is most probable in this case. Try replacing it.

If this completes the case, please rate my Answer, so that this case may be closed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the HDD located in the machine and do I need to have the new one formatted when I install it?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I admit I don't know, but it's sure to be recognizable, and in the machine's interior.

And having it formatted would help.

You may have to engage a service tech to open the machine and swap the hard disk drive, but at very least you do have an indication that is what needs doing and replacing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok hopefully that's correct or I spent $ on nothing.
Thank You
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my answer... the indications are good, and have led to similar conclusions in the past, so I assume you have indeed gotten good reliable advice based on experience.

If you'd rather wait until you find out whether that's really the problem, that's fine too. But let me know how it turns out, please, OK? I want this case to come to a good righteous conclusion.