Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

LIDE 120 issue. I have Windows 7. It doesn't fully install.

Customer Question

LIDE 120 issue. I have Windows 7. It doesn't fully install. Says that USB cable is out (it isn't), says scanner is locked (it isn't) Booted and rebooted, installed and uninstalled.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a different USB port on your computer.

Try a different USB cable, if the one you have is the least bit used or worn out or strained-looking.

Are you trying to install the driver from a good source, one that is compatible with Windows 7 32-bit and/or Windows 7 64-bit (if appropriate to your computer's installed Windows 7 type.) ?

Is the LiDE 120 scanner new? if so, it is quite possible that it is defective. In which case, it would deservedly be either returned for exchange for another (working) or equivalent-value scanning device, or if past the return-exchange period, it should be reported to Canon USA as defective, and a fialed-within-warranty claim put in on it, for free-of-charge warranty repair. Canon would be contacted for that purpose at 1-800-OK-CANON.