Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

I have a D1120 copier. The auto feeder tray got jammed. I

Customer Question

I have a D1120 copier. The auto feeder tray got jammed. I removed the paper but the error is flashing and I cannot copy anything.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Engineer John C replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

We need to check from all possible spots where paper can be jammed, if after that the copier doesn't work, then a piece inside became defective or broken.

If you don't have the manual please click here to download it (we will need it) ===> MANUAL HERE <====

Please follow the steps below:

1- Please first disconnect the device from the power outlet for 5 minutes.

2- Read pages from section 12-2 to 12-10 that shows the following procedures:

- Clear "Document Jams" (from page 12-2)

- Clear Paper Jams from the rear side of the machine (from page 12-4)

- Clear Paper Jams from the front side of the machine (from page 12-6)

- Clear Paper Jams from the output tray (from page 12-8)

- Clear Paper Jams from the Multi-Purpose Tray (from page 12-9)

- Clear Paper Jams from the Paper Cassette (from page 12-10)

- Continue for optional paper cassette and optional duplex unit (only if your device came with these)

If no luck, please follow the steps below:

1. Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

2. Holding the printer in both hands (You will need two or three people for this) turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

3. Then plug the printer back up, take your paper out and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.

If it doesn't work then the unit will need to be repaired or replaced. If it is in warranty please call Customer Support USA at 1-800-OK-CANON between 8AM and 8PM EST Monday through Friday.

If you are satisfied with my work, please rate me positively, that's the only way for me to be paid, it won't cost you any additional money. Remember that the feedback you left here is not about Canon or this website, it is about my work in trying to help you solve your issue.

Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below.

Thank you,