Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Office Equipment

I have a Bizhub c552 with saddle-stitch unit. Odd thing

Customer Question
happens when I print a...
I have a Bizhub c552 with saddle-stitch unit. Odd thing happens when I print a tri-fold or half-fold from my computer: the 2 conveyor belts on the bottom output tray spin clock-wise (when looking at the unit from the front) and stack the finished pieces at the base rather than offset and push them out and off the tray and into a box like a conveyor belt would. It's odd because it does the opposite if I run the same pieces from the copier itself. Is there a setting to change? Otherwise I have to manually reach down and grab stacks of 3-6 pieces off the tray or else they cause a back up and the machine will jam up. Is there a setting in the machine or in my print driver to change the direction that the belts spin?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
10/22/2015
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi there,

Do any other computers also print to the same Bizhub? If so, are they affected in the same way?

If only your computer is affected, then try deleting the printer from your computer and reinstall the latest printer driver for the C552 from the Bizhub website: http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/colour/c652_c552_c452/

Let me know if that resolves the problem?

Hi Pete,Pete: Do any other computers also print to the same Bizhub? If so, are they affected in the same way?
Tim: We only have the one computer.Pete: try deleting the printer from your computer and reinstall the latest printer driver for the C552 from the Bizhub website:
Tim: the link was for overseas; I'm in the U.S. and the U.S. site appears to have been radically changed and it no longer allows drivers to be downloaded (it just has a list of them, but there's nothing to click to initiate a download): http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport/SearchResults?products=1190&fileTypes=17&OSs=30Also, my drivers for Windows 7 (Postscript and PCL) were current as of 6 months ago. I think it's doubtful that somehow this issue was "fixed" by the new Win 10 version. They've had a lot of years to do fixes, and they've discontinued the model number, so if it had been an issue for other owners, I'm sure it was taken care of long ago. Can you perhaps explain how one goes about adjusting the direction of the conveyer belt on the bottom output tray? I've been using this same machine for 6 years, so if you tell me where to look -- in driver properties/preferences or on the machine itself -- I can likely fix this. It's simply not in any of the documentation I can find. Not even the tech who services it had a clue. Or, just tell me it's not actually possible, or that you, personally, don't know the answer if that is the case.Thanks!

Hi Tim,

The direction of the conveyor belt is set at the factory, and as far as I am aware it is not possible to reconfigure a machine to adjusting the direction of the conveyer belt at all.

Hi Pete,Hmmm. I was surprised that in a tech control panel I couldn't find any way of changing the setting. Must be another level of software that techs can't access? The confounding thing is that I have had it turn both ways when printing from the computer in the past. But it's still a mystery why it goes one way on one job and the other on another job. Let me try it with the PS driver on a PDF newsletter job we gotta run today and see if the direction is different that with the PCL driver we usually use. I'll let you know what I learn.Thanks!Tim
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer